Create deliciously filled chocolate eggs using a few ingredients! With raspberry, peanut butter, or caramel in the center. YUM!
- 3/4 c. peanut butter
- 1 1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 T. milk
- 1 1/2 c. melting chocolate
- Mix all ingredients together (except for chocolate) using an electric mixer until it forms a soft dough.
- Roll your filling into small balls.
- Coat fingers with cornstarch if necessary, to keep from being sticky. Press into egg mould and freeze for 10 minutes. Note: You can also form them into egg shapes without the mould and place on a baking sheet to freeze.
- Once fillings have been chilled, remove from mould by tapping against a hard surface. Place eggs on a baking sheet and keep in refrigerator until ready to dip.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals (stirring after
each interval) until smooth. This will take about a minute. DO NOT overheat or chocolate will not be usable.
- Dip in chocolate, tapping fork against the side of the bowl to allow excess to drip off. Set on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Add sprinkles immediately before chocolate hardens. Dip a few eggs at a time in chocolate (keeping the rest in the refrigerator to prevent them from softening).