Jervis Shopping Centre in Dublin 1 requires a Maintenance Manager/Technical Supervisor with a detailed knowledge of the operation and maintenance of mechanical and electrical services. Experience of working in a Shopping Centre, a major retailer or similar size prestige environment would be an advantage. Primary responsibilities will be to assist the Technical Services Manager with the management of all maintenance contracts, budget management, liaison with contractors and tenants and managing health & safety responsibilities. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and strong administration are necessary for this role.
Candidates will work five from seven days but must be prepared to work weekends and or bank holidays as required. The role requires maturity and an ability to work independently towards agreed objectives.
The successful candidate would report directly to the Technical Services Manager. The position will be renumerated accordingly with the experience and skills of the successful candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities – Maintenance Manager/Technical Supervisor
- To ensure that all plant and machinery is being effectively and efficiently maintained by third party contractors in accordance with the maintenance schedules and that all records are accurately maintained.
- Manage contractor works during any Landlord project works.
- Receive and approve all contractor method statements, risk assessments and insurances prior to commencements of works.
- Ensure that all contractors operate and work to the permits and permission to work systems and that records correctly filed in conjunction with Centre management team.
- Attend weekly snag walks (Centre, Carpark and roofs) and input jobs on CMMS.
- Manage the Centre’s M&E and general maintenance providers and third party contractors.
- Manage in house maintenance team, issue jobs and monitor performance.
- Ensure all works by in house team and third party contractors are carried out in compliance with relevant Health and Safety Legislation and in line with industry standards and to manufacturer recommendations.
- Maintain and keep up to date the PPM planner for all contractors for both in house and third party activities via the CMMS.
- Carry out all periodic testing and inspections on life safety systems and building fabric.
- Maintain and update the site asset register and asset tag all plant.
- Maintain the maintenance elements of the Centre’s Fire Register and ensure all policies and processes highlighted within the Centre’s fire safety strategy manual are implemented.
- Maintain, update and retain all drawings including new cabling, ducting and plumbing routes.
- Manage the tendering of all maintenance contracts and works to ensure best value for tenants and Landlord.
- Source and identify new contractors and suppliers as required.
- Maintain accurate stock levels and stock control records for all consumable items and frequently used parts and spares.
- Ensure that the procurement of replacement stock and consumables are regularly market tested, establishing maximum value for money and quality of stock.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in all workshop, plantroom and storage areas.
- Fulfil an annual inspection of all apartments in conjunction with the property manager to monitor tenant adherence to the terms of their contract and enter onto CMMS.
- Review, introduce and implement sustainable technologies and systems.
- Keep Centre updated on new legislation to environment, sustainability, DDA, BER, EPBD. EIA, Hazardous Materials, Appliances etc.
- Ensure utility consumptions and costs are effectively and efficiently managed via BMS system.
- Manage and maintain the Centre’s drainage system and liaise with tenants on their drainage issues.
- Ensure tenants deliver their maintenance and operational obligations as per the tenant handbook, tenant fit-out manual and their lease agreements.
- Review the fire door maintenance practices to ensure they meet all regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Centre’s emergency planning and business continuity plan, reviewing and updating as necessary to ensure optimum effectiveness.
- To assist in the maintenance of the Centre’s tenant handbook
- To maintain the Centre’s “shop fitting guide” and to assist the Centre’s architect and managing agent in any occupier shop fit plan approval.
- Ensure all Christmas decoration weight testing is fulfilled adequately.
- Ensure all decorations are installed as per agreed specification and layout.
- Assume the role of Duty Manager when required.
- Any other duties commensurate with this level of post.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications required for the position.
- Possess suitable technical qualifications with several years’ practical experience.
- Degree in Building Service Engineering or City and Guilds electrical testing and verification would be desirable.
- Previous experience within a relevant environment such as a Shopping Centre, retail park, leisure destination, venue, airport or large commercial office building
- Previous practical mechanical experience, preferably in the area of HVAC
- Sound knowledge of key systems found within large commercial buildings /Shopping Centre Environment. To include Life safety systems /Heating and Cooling and ventilation /hot and cold-water systems / Electrical supply and distribution and lighting systems / CCTV systems / Gas installations / Lifts and escalators / General Building fabric
- Experience in a health & safety focused environment. Possession of a health & safety qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience in operation and interrogation of BMS and CMMS.
- Computer literate and technology aware/up to date with technology within the Building management/ Facilities management arena.
- Ability to trouble shoot, diagnose and problem solve on various items of plant found in the shopping centre to include, motors, pumps, Air handlers, Air con units, boilers, condensers, fans.
- On the tools capability if required.
Competencies and Attributes required for this position.
- Have strong organisational skills and ability to multi task and prioritise workload.
- Have a proactive and innovative approach and an ability to work on own initiative, to listen and willingness to learn.
- Be a team player with excellent communication skills.
- Can demonstrate utmost discretion when dealing with all sensitive and confidential information.
- Be results and achievement orientated to high standards.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours when required.
For more information contact Mark at Mark@jervis.ie